“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi
Nearly every joint in the body is susceptible to stress and injury – some more so than others depending on what type of athletics you are committed to.
Athletes can suffer from tendonitis, bursitis, and arthritis – just like the rest of us. But the associated joint pain can really affect training and performance.
- When the tendons around the joint become inflamed from overuse or injury the resulting pain is called tendonitis (probably the most common of the three).
- There are small fluid-filled sacks called bursae in our joints and it is the bursae’s job to assist in the muscle/joint movements by cushioning the joints and bones against friction. Bursitis is the result of these sacks becoming injured or inflamed and causing pain.
- There are many different types of arthritis, but osteoarthritis is more commonly seen in athletes. Osteoarthritis is caused by wear and tear on the joints and is characterized by a deterioration of the cartilage at the ends of the bones.
The body’s natural reaction to a joint injury or over stress is to swell. The quicker you can get the inflammation down the sooner you can facilitate healing.
An athlete needs to halt the pain and get back in the game quickly!
Inflammation can be controlled with rest, ice, compression, and elevation – especially when applied right away.This is commonly referred to as the “RICE” treatment, but it is only as good as the commitment the athlete makes in time and effort to apply it. Not every athlete has the luxury of applying it right away or taking the time it takes to pamper the body this way.
A TREATMENT WORTH TRYING
Athletes can apply Arnica Lotion in addition to the RICE treatment, which can drastically reduce inflammation and improve recovery time!
Arnica Lotion, specifically formulated with Glucosamine and MSM, can be kept in your gym bag, locker, glove box, medicine cabinet, etc.
Breaking it Down:
Arnica stimulates white blood cell activity, which reduces inflammation and also relieves muscle and joint pain.
Glucosamine is naturally found in your body and supports healthy cartilage.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) reduces inflammation and helps the body form new joint and muscle tissue. It also restores collagen production.
Add 100% pure Peppermint Oil when you apply the lotion for added benefits. We suggest starting with 5 drops of peppermint essential oil, but the amount varies depending on how much lotion you are using.
Why Peppermint Oil?
- Reduces inflammation
- Relaxes tight muscles
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- Has a calming effect on the body
- Has a cooling effect on the joints
- Clears the mind and improves mental focus
We know that you just want relief! Try Arnica lotion and you’ll be back in the game quickly!