Anyone Can Get Leg Cramps
A leg cramp can come on anytime or anywhere to the young, old, and those in-between. A “Charley Horse,” as it’s sometimes called, or muscle spasm can come on suddenly with involuntary contractions of one or more of your muscles. You can experience a cramp from simply stretching upon waking up or have it startle you awake in the middle of the night. They are generally harmless but can make it difficult to use the affected muscles and they can cause severe pain.
You May Be More Susceptible To Leg Cramps If You Are:
- Pregnant – Common during pregnancy as a result of the extra weight, pressure on the sciatic nerve, and fluid buildup – a condition known as edema.
- An Athlete – Sweating from physical exertion can deplete the body of electrolytes and athletes can be prone to dehydration as well.
- Elderly – Muscles get weaker and smaller as we age, with the nerves and tissues becoming thin. This thinning and weakness seems to be an initiator for the cramping.
- Having a Medical Issue – Muscle cramps usually aren’t serious enough to require medical attention, but if you have diabetes, nerve, liver or thyroid disorders or suspect you might, do consult a physician. If you have swelling or changes in skin color with cramping you should always consult a medical professional.
Common Reasons For Leg Cramps:
- Dehydration, which is an excessive loss of fluids
- Nutrient deficiency, such as low levels of potassium or some other minerals
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Being sedentary or staying in one position to long
- Physical over-exertion
Why Arnica Lotion Is A Good Idea:
Arnica Montana is a plant that grows in the mountainous regions of Europe. It has been used in herbal medicines for centuries, predominantly as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory. Arnica stimulates white blood cell activity, which reduces inflammation and relaxes the muscles. When you apply Audel Naturals Arnica Lotion to the muscle spasms it quickly relaxes them and diminishes the pain and discomfort.
Apply the Arnica Lotion as quickly as you can, massaging it in will help relax the muscles. As soon as you are able to, gently stretch the muscles – as stretching can help to relax the cramps as well.
In addition, placing a heating pad or warm towel on the cramped muscle can also relax it and ease the pain. In contrast, some people prefer applying an ice pack.
The quality of the arnica lotion is important. Don’t be confused by products that flaunt a high quantity of Arnica, as this medicinal herb can be toxic in high doses. It can also irritate the skin for those with sensitivities. A 3% arnica tincture is considered safe and fairly standard in most arnica blends.
The Audel Naturals Arnica Lotion brand combines arnica with many other beneficial ingredients that relieve pain and relax muscles. A key component that you don’t often find is the addition of Liposome, which allows the ingredients to penetrate the skin more effectively, so you get relief more quickly.
We hope you will add Audel Naturals Arnica Lotion to your self-care, so when that sudden leg cramp surprises you, you’ll be prepared!
To your good health!
The information provided is for educational purposes and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of the information presented.